Friday, February 28, 2014

Eating Out: Ramen

  
Japanese Required: Moderate
Cost: Around 650-1,200 yen per person.
Good for: Single people, couples, groups up to four or six people.

I went out with a friend (C.) to walk around Ozone and see if there's anything we felt like doing or checking out. After walking around and talking for almost an hour, we decided to have lunch at a ramen shop. The majority of the seats were at the bar, with three tables near the back that could seat four. Since it wasn't busy, we were seated right away at the bar. We talked for a little bit before ordering.
 

I had some pork, clear broth ramen with fried rice as a side. The ramen and fried rice were both served hot, with the rice coming first. The fried rice was good, though I regret waiting to take a picture before eating because I prefer to eat it while it's hot. The broth for the ramen was tasty, and I really enjoyed the noodles. Usually, for the type that I got, I would add sesame seeds for the texture and a slight change in flavor. Unfortunately, there were no sesame seeds available. The service was prompt even with only two people on staff, and C and I both enjoyed our food immensely.


He had lunch set of pork ramen with a miso broth, rice, and fried chicken. It looked like it might have been even better than what I had. He added a bit of spicy sauce that was available to his soup. The sauce was about as spicy as normal pepper, so adding a little shouldn't be too bad for anyone who wants a different flavor but is afraid of burning their mouth.

Overall, the customer service was fine, the food was good, and the company was great. If someone asked me to recommend a place to eat ramen that I knew would have good food, I would recommend this place. I wouldn't recommend it for anybody wanting to host a party due to the limits on seating. Otherwise, this place is great. If you would like more information regarding the menu or prices, please visit their website: http://www.fujiichiban.jp/english/index.html